My name’s Olivia Roe and I founded Live Life Better having worked for almost 25 years in personal and professional development. With a background in Psychology, in global Education & in Leadership Development with one of the UK’s leading charities in Personal and Professional development, in 2018, I decided I wanted to set out and build something great of my own and in service of others.
“What’s great about being a single parent?” is a question I’ve not been asked. If you were to ask me now though, I can easily tell you–it’s thriving in positive emotions, fulfilment, meaning, and relationships–but some time ago, I would have struggled to answer.
Almost ¼ of families with dependent children in the UK are headed by single parents (largely the same amount since 2001); the average age for being one is 39 (all stats from Gingerbread).
For me it was 40, and when it happened there was, firstly, a period of shock. This may resonate whether you’re a single parent by choice or circumstance, from conception or with older children.
Then, came the time where everything plateaus. I was getting on with life and my son was doing great, but I set some dreams aside. It was safer not to try and attain them.
I was living in fear.
I wasn’t showing up for my business, in personal relationships or for my health. I wasn’t serving myself or others as the transformational coach I once was.
Just like you, I knew I had much more to give but I just didn’t think I could get there.
So, I decided to invest in myself.
I drew on my experience of almost 25 years in personal and professional development as a coach, educator, leader and business owner. With a grounding in psychology and personal, social and health education, and as a member of the British Psychological Society, the BPS Coaching Psychology Group and ACC with the ICF.
I pushed past the shock and plateau stages to a position of true growth.
I went from being broke and broken to being unleashed and unconstrained–confident in knowing exactly what to do.
This is what I discovered and which now forms the backbone of my Fulfilment Program:
• Removal of limitations
• Rock solid self-belief
• Transformational change
• Bulletproof strategies
• Acting with commitment
Clients are developed:
1. As a Human
2. As a Parent
3. As a Thriving, Fulfilled Individual
My degrees and certifications did not take me from broke to personal and professional freedom. What did, was my commitment to showing up as a leader and parent, connecting deeply with myself and others, and BELIEVING I could. I want that for you too and if you are a single parent who feels stuck or plateaued, know you’re not alone and we can help.
*Community – coming soon on Facebook
*Masterclass – coming soon on this website
If you’d like support as a single parent to thrive and be wholly fulfilled, get in touch.
Wishing you the best, now and always!
Olivia Roe’s experience
- Primary Teaching PGCE – 10 years – UK & Asia (Brighton PGCE)
- Fast Track Teaching – Management, Leadership Pathways Programme (NCSL)
- Personal, Social & Health Education Diploma (Roehampton Uni)
- Training and Facilitation in Education (primary & secondary) – 6 years – (Teach First)
- Life Coaching – 8 years – (Teach First & ICF accredited ACC – Asia & UK)
- NLP Diploma (Fast Track Teaching – Evolution Training)
- Psychology BSc (2:1 – Reading University)
- Member of the British Psychological Society (MBPsS) & BPS Special Group in Coaching Psychology
- Creative Thinking Masters (First – UClan)
- Wellbeing & Mindfulness – 6 years – (Teach First)
- Mentoring (Chichester Uni Diploma)
- Leadership Development & Line-Management – 6 years – (Teach First)
Get in touch – we look forward to hearing from you…